love

Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

endings and beginnings

Isn't it funny how closely connected death and life are?

As I mentioned before, my nanny's funeral was yesterday. And it was hard and sad, but we got to see most of our entire extended family including my cousin Jamie whom I haven't seen since we visited Vegas when I was 11.

Sitting on our back porch, talking and catching up, watching my cousins try to wrangle up all of their awesome kids.
I even have a new best friend in my cousin Emily's daughter Sam.
She literally thinks I am a princess.
Calls me Princess Paige.
Yea, I want to steal her.

But in the midst of all this catching up and telling stories...we are all gathered there because of a death.
All of this life, because of something so sad.
That's the way it should be I suppose.You can't have one without the other and without an end there can be no new beginnings.

Earlier in the week, I was at my Nanny's house with my Uncle Kenny ( who btw has the worlds coolest stories, he works at the Bellagio in the high roller's section ) and we were trying to organize and go through a few things. There was unfinished knitting and leftovers in the fridge and a million other things that really make up a life. It amazed me the things we acquire over a lifetime and made me wonder what I would leave.

Stephen would say a mess. hahaha But I would say lots of travel shampoo bottles from hotels (what, they're free) a million craft supplies, and waterbottles..lots of waterbottles.

As we were cleaning out her house, it was so hard to just throw away what really is essentially useless...because she kept it for some reason. She valued it. And therefore to her was Valuable.

And as far as new beginnings go I also had one of the best weekends sale wise at www.lifeissobeautiful.etsy.com with about 6 custom orders! God is so good. Mom said to me earlier today....well maybe this is what you are supposed to be doing, maybe this is an answer to your prayers. I really hope so. So say a little prayer for me if you're reading this!! =)

I'm getting off the blog now to cuddle up with my love, whom I missed so much. He was beyond sweet and kept the apartment amazingly clean...knowing full well I will make it a wreck tomorrow. lol

create.love.be

1 comment:

  1. You are a beautiful poet! With your words, I sat and pictured every piece of your writing. You should become a published author, under the name "Princes Paige."

    ReplyDelete