love

Pages

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Gwendoline Judge






Today is my grandmother's funeral.
She passed away on Monday August the 8th in the afternoon.

Unfortunately, loss is a subject I'm well versed in. But I can only be thankful that she was my 'Nanny' and that she went quickly to be with her beloved husband and my brother Nathan her "special guy". She was one complicated lady, a child of the depression who immigrated from Liverpool to the US all by herself at age 17. Brave. And so beautiful and poised.

She was a crafter too. She was always knitting and sewing and tried to teach me (emphasis on the try...I was a very hyper kid) anything from crossstitch to the ins and outs of a sewing machine. She still kept a pillow I made for her when I was about 10 and proudly displayed it on her couch.

So today we say goodbye to a woman who loved her family very deeply, and I will cherish all of the good memories I have of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment